Bulk input performer names?

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Bulk input performer names?

Post by bjindrich »

Is there a way to import/paste performer names in bulk as opposed to cycling through each dot one by one and setting the performer name one by one? I have almost 170 performers, so some type of full performer list that makes it easy to manage player names and paste names from a source like excel, would be useful especially for larger groups. Sorry, this is probably a feature request, but I wasn't sure if I wasn't seeing some existing functionality.
William

Re: Bulk input performer names?

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Yes this is a feature request; this functionality does not currently exist in EnVision. This is something that we have considered in the past though and we would love to hear your thoughts on it. Being able to import data from a source like Excel could be very useful for larger groups.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

Since Envision needs to match names to individual performers in the drill, maybe it's not so much an import, as it is a grid view that provides the ability to set the fields available on the Performer Editor panel. This Performer List window/grid (which should sort by primary equipment by default - not sure if I see a reason to sort by anything else) would have a row for each performer, and a column for each of the attributes in the Performer Editor (name, label, equipment, chair, etc.). In addition to allowing individual names to be typed or pasted, if this grid allowed for pasting name names from a source like excel, that would do the trick. This would have to be a large window, since I'd want to see as many of the attributes and as many rows of performers as possible without scrolling.

Let me know if you want more details on my thoughts. I'll let you know how important a priority this I think this is after I enter in 160 performer names. :-)
William

Post by William »

Yes, as I mentioned this is something that we have considered in the past and still plan on implementing. We are of a very like mind in the implementation of this. Definitely let us know how it goes entering 160 names. Good luck :)

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com