Opening Set...

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
jfreer

Opening Set...

Post by jfreer »

Ok. I promise I'm not a (complete) idiot, but after using the wizard to create my performers, I pulled them onto the field after I made forms for them. Once I plugged them all into the forms by dragging them, all was right with Set 0. For reasons that are probably simple, but I can't understand, from set 0 to set 1, the performers all 1 to 5 step themselves off the back of the field whence I got them from. What simple step am I missing? And is there any way to salvage the work I already did, that would be swell. Looking forward to working with this program. I'm a first time drill designer. This will not be my last question. :D
baritonium

Re: Opening Set...

Post by baritonium »

I ran into a problem like this too, but for me it was when I tried doing a FTL move. I didn't like the move, so I deleted it, but when I tried adding a new set it still had the marchers doing the move.

What solved it for me was to be on the set with the messed up movements (set 1 for you, right?), highlight all the marchers you want to fix, and go to Performer > Revert Performer. It'll ask you what set you want to revert them to. You'd put set 0 (I think). That way both sets would look the same, but there'd be no weird movement in between.

Hope it works. This is my first time using it too!
jfreer

Post by jfreer »

Thanks. That helped, it's a lot easier to work with two consecutive, identical sets. Cheers!
William

Post by William »

Indeed that is the right approach.

Additionally, EnVision is set up to work best as a progression. That is, if you create set 1 by setting up all your performers where you want them to be, then add set 2, all the performer locations will be copied into the next set.

What you experienced is another feature of EnVision, that is that if you want to go back and edit a single set in the middle of the production then the Performer paths automatically change so that no other sets are affected. So in your case you had the performers already set on page 1 and so moving them on page 0 just changed their paths so that they move from page 0 to their original locations on page 1.

You should definitely become familiar with the revert tool as it is one of the most powerful and versatile (and useful) tool in the EnVision workflow. When writing drill myself, I would definitely say that I use the revert tool the most.

Have a great day!
William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com