EnVision Keeps Freezing

Report bugs or glitches here.
AlphFour

EnVision Keeps Freezing

Post by AlphFour »

Hello all, I need help with trying to fix EnVision; a couple of days ago I got a new computer (it's a Windows 8) and I re-installed EnVision onto here. At first, it worked alright with the exception that the uniforms looked a bit weird, but then it wouldn't load. Every time the production would load up, it would continue to keep loading, then the screen would gray up and say "EnVision is not responding" then immediately say it couldn't find an answer and told me to close it. Every time I load up EnVision this happens. Hopefully some of you have an answer, and thanks!
William

Re: EnVision Keeps Freezing

Post by William »

Hi AlphFour,

I'm sorry if this is causing you any inconvenience. This is an issue that we are actively investigating but something you mentioned has me interested; that it was working okay at first. Can you answer some questions for me?

1. What country are you in?
2. What language are you using on your computer?
3. Can you remember anything about what you did on EnVision the last time that it was working for you? Possibly saving a uniform or printing a show?

Thank you for your patience. Looking forward to hearing back from you, your answers could really help this investigation.

Sincerely,
William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
AlphFour

Post by AlphFour »

Hello William,

To answer those questions, I live in the United States, i'm using English, and what I did, well...back story time.

On my older computer, I bought and installed EnVision on there, but it was a bit laggy, music fell behind at times, but I worked with it. Eventually, bits of it started to break; first it was the webcam, then eventually the audio. Because of it, I couldn't hear any of the music to the shows, so I couldn't write drill to it without knowing the exact measures (I wrote drill based off of ear, rather than the actual sheet music). After about two weeks of this problem, I bought a new computer (this one, the Windows 8), and one of the first things I did was reinstall EnVision. It worked well, but the uniforms seemed a bit "griddy"; grid marks appeared all over the performer, rather than the uniforms being solid throughout. I also couldn't save any new drill, because of EnVision being on the other computer, and this new version isn't evaluated because I already used it before on the falling apart system of a computer. I tried to save files from my older computer by usb, and imported them to this computer. I emailed asking whether if I could redeem a new evaluation code about a week or two ago, no message has been sent back to me. So I tried loading up a show from my imported shows, and it went through. However, when I tried to hover over the 3D mode, nothing lit up, it was it's usual color when you have your mouse not pointed over an icon. I clicked it; nothing happened. Then after like two or three minutes, I tried clicking it again and the screen went to that gray fuzz over when a program is frozen and popped up "EnVision is not responding". Multiple tries after this, even simply by trying to create a new show, it would appear like this.
William

Post by William »

Hi AlphFour,

Very sorry for the long wait between replies. We have been investigating this issue and I think we have come to a solution.

First of all, have you received a return email from us regarding your license switch? If not you can email us at contact@box5software.com and I will be sure to answer it personally.

Secondly, the crash that you have been seeing seems to be stemming from a lack of proper OpenGL drivers on new Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 machines. Here is a good link to determine which OpenGL drivers you have on your computer: http://blogs.esri.com/esri/supportcente ... my-system/. You should be at least at version 3.2 for EnVision to work properly.

Have a great day!
William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com