Movie mode

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
Loujaue

Movie mode

Post by Loujaue »

Is there a way to save an mpeg mp4 of something to use for the bands website or as a youtube tutorial?
William

Re: Movie mode

Post by William »

Hi Loujaue,

EnVision has a video rendering capability build in but it is currently only available on the Windows version.

You can access the video rendering ability from the "Render" menu. From there you can select various options that will affect the output including the size of the resulting video and the viewpoint. You can also choose which part of your production gets rendered; either the entire production or the current playback range (green and red timeline markers).

When you are ready you choose the Render button. You will be presented an option to choose the video compression method. This is somewhat of an advanced topic but I would recommend installing the XVid codec (free) or the DivX codec (paid) as they generally create small file sizes with good quality. There are also many other codecs out there and many options for each of these.

Unfortunately, at this time the Render feature doesn't include audio in the finished video file.

Beyond that there are several free and paid screen recording options which can be very easy to use. These tools also include audio in the resulting video. For many users this may be the best option and for Mac users this is currently the only option (unless you include recording off the screen with an actual video camera).

Hope that helps!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hi William

Do you have a forecast for when rendering movies with audio will be available for Mac users?

Thanks - Matt
William

Post by William »

Hi Matt,

There is no timeline for this feature. In fact we recently removed this feature from the Windows version as well.

As mentioned in the previous post, there are several screen recording utilities that you can use instead. This is currently the solution that we recommend.

Have a great day!
William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
Matt

Post by Matt »

OK so 30 seconds on Google has shown that Quicktime records screen captures!! Free and built in - very cool. Thanks for bonding my love for Mac even more!

I have tried with a drill on Bunny mode and it worked great!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Oh, unfortunately the sound options are pretty bad, at best Quicktime will record the sound from the speakers and that's pretty bad.

Downloading SoundFlower allowed me to route the internal audio directly to the screen recording and then it worked great. YouTube will be your friend to get this one set up.

I hope the help someone.
William

Post by William »

Thanks for the update Matt! That SoundFlower tip should be very useful. I've used SoundFlower before myself so I can vouch for its usefulness. We'd love to see some of the results of this endeavor if you'd be willing to share :)

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software