Editing Labels

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
Kanderson

Editing Labels

Post by Kanderson »

I'm sure this is somewhere obvious that I've overlooked, so please forgive.

I need to edit some of the labels assigned to specific instruments. Specifically, I need to differentiate between alto saxes and tenor saxes, which have all been given an "x number" label. This wouldn't be problem, but the tenor saxes are x1-4 and the alto saxes are x1-9. So I have two each of x1-4 on the page. How can I edit one of the labels to something besides x?

Thanks.
William

Re: Editing Labels

Post by William »

Hi Kanderson,

Changing Performer labels is indeed very easy. You simply need to open the menu item Performer->Performer Editor and change the Performer Label. You should see the label update automatically. You can switch between selected performers by pressing the arrows in the tool panel. You can tell which performer is selected by the white diamond that surrounds them.

There are a lot of good options in that tool so I encourage you to try a couple out. Some are for the writer's reference only such as the "Chair" or "Ability" but some are much more visible like the Primary Equipment (which affects grouping) and Marker Style which allows you to change the type of marker that is displayed (The default is the X). Note that any changes you make in the "All Selected" section will affect all the currently selected performers while the options in the "Individual" section will only affect the performer marked with the white diamond.

Hope that helps, have a great day!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
Kanderson

Re: Editing Labels

Post by Kanderson »

Thanks again!