engage app

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bdrumsanchez

engage app

Post by bdrumsanchez »

Hi,
When I upload my 2nd production into the engage app the first set should be set #35 but is starting with set # 47, which is the last set! How can I fix this?
William

Re: engage app

Post by William »

Hi bdrumchanchez,

This seems like there might be a bug in how EnGage handles set offsets. You might be able to correct for this by subtracting the number of sets that are different between the expected value and what you are getting and setting that as the starting set in EnVision and re-exporting. 12 in this case.

So in EnVision, set the Starting Set value (in the Show Manager) to 23 (35-12).

I am also interested if you could either send me your json file that you are uploading, or let me know which group you are uploading this to in the EnGage portal so I can check out what is going on here. Don't do this here, please send me an email at wlee@box5software.com.

Let me know if this works for you.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bdrumsanchez

Post by bdrumsanchez »

I have sent the email with the json file. Btw, the last set of the 1st production is 34 which means that the 1st set of the 2nd production should start with 34. The paper charts are starting with set 38!
William

Post by William »

Thank you for the email, I have replied to you there.

To comment on the starting set value so anyone else looking up this thread can see it:

You can change the value of the first set of a production by opening the Show Manager Tool
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.10.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.10.51 AM.png (9.11 KiB) Viewed 11219 times
and scrolling down to the "Starting Set" input.
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.12.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 9.12.48 AM.png (181.73 KiB) Viewed 11219 times
This should change the first set in the production to what is in that box and all following sets will increase incrementally. This value should also be exported to the json file that is used in EnVision.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com