Writing a V2

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bdrumsanchez

Writing a V2

Post by bdrumsanchez »

Only asking this because I don't want to regret making a change and losing the entire production. My question: Is the best way to write an alternate version of a production would be to make the changes and "save as" V2, for example?
William

Re: Writing a V2

Post by William »

Hi bdrumsanchez,

Actually I would do "save as" first so you're not accidentally saving over your current file. Then you can make any changes you want and just use the normal save feature. When I'm working I will actually use "save as" once or twice a day depending on major chunks that I've worked on. I'll date them and add a short description: "2021.08.16 Song 1 - Trumpet soli".

Using "save as" after you make the changes will also work but there is the chance that you could accidentally save over the current version.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bdrumsanchez

Post by bdrumsanchez »

Thanks. Great idea!
bdrumsanchez

Post by bdrumsanchez »

When I delete sets then add a new set the performers always move to the old set! How can I fix this? I need to put the in new positions from the previous set.
William

Post by William »

There are a couple ways to copy performer positions between sets. The most common and useful way is to use the Revert Performer tool.
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.08.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.08.04 PM.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 15277 times
This tool allows you to "revert" the positions of the performers on one set back to the position that was on a previous set. By default it goes back 1 set, so if you are on set 5 then using the revert performer tool will change the position of the selected performers on set 5 so they match those on set 4.

Another way to copy positions is to simply use the normal "copy" and "paste" functions. Select the performers that you want to copy and press "ctrl+c" ("cmd+c" on mac), then move to the set that you want to update and press "ctrl+v" ("cmd+v" on mac). You can also use the Edit menu commands to do the same thing.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com