Printing Dot Sheets

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
DavidCKGMHS

Printing Dot Sheets

Post by DavidCKGMHS »

I'm having an issue trying to print dot sheets. When I "preview dot sheets" the program immediately shows "not responding". I've waited up to 20 minutes at times to preview these with no luck. When I attempt to close the preview window the whole program closes.

I've got 23 sets thus far with a multitude of subsets for 90 performers. I'm assuming its because of the quantity of information that's taking this long but I can't imagine it would or should take longer than this?

Please assist!
William

Re: Printing Dot Sheets

Post by William »

Hi DavidCKGMHS,

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We looked into this issue and discovered some problems with the Dot Sheet printing. These issues have been addressed in the newest version that was released today: v1.2.28.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
BlueSmoke09

Post by BlueSmoke09 »

Hi,

Just curious to know if there is a way to print only a range of dots for the student dot sheets.

For example so far I have 24 pages, however, the winds don't move for the first 13 pages. So I only want to print pages 14-24 on the individual coordinate sheets.

Thanks
William

Post by William »

Hi Bluesmoke09,

There is currently no way to do what you are asking. An easy solution would be to just delete the first thirteen sets prior to printing. From the Show Manager tool you can change the number of the first set so that it starts at 14 when you go to print (if that's what you want).

William Lee
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
bradporeda

Post by bradporeda »

Other Dot Sheet questions:

1a) Is there a way to print a Dot Sheet for each performer? Currently multiple performers are grouped onto a single page. With a show with multiple segments (productions), this means I'm stuck slicing paper into small slips for each production. (I feel like I'm in kindergarden again)

1b) Can all the productions' Dots for a performer be on a single page? Again, multiple small slips of paper means a ticket tape parade of trash when the wind blows.

2) I've entered the names of the performers in the Performer Editor, but the names don't show on the Dot Sheet. Did I waste my time?

3) Is there a way to export the raw Dot Sheet data? (I could format them in "post" then. Eg: change "0.00 inside 40" to "On the 40")

Thanks,
-Brad
William

Post by William »

Hi bradporeda,

Let me answer these inline:

bradporeda wrote: 1a) Is there a way to print a Dot Sheet for each performer? Currently multiple performers are grouped onto a single page. With a show with multiple segments (productions), this means I'm stuck slicing paper into small slips for each production. (I feel like I'm in kindergarden again)
No. Performers are automatically grouped to make the most efficient use of a page.
bradporeda wrote: 1b) Can all the productions' Dots for a performer be on a single page? Again, multiple small slips of paper means a ticket tape parade of trash when the wind blows.
Also no. Each production must be printed individually.
bradporeda wrote: 2) I've entered the names of the performers in the Performer Editor, but the names don't show on the Dot Sheet. Did I waste my time?
Performer names do not display on the Dot Sheets.
bradporeda wrote: 3) Is there a way to export the raw Dot Sheet data? (I could format them in "post" then. Eg: change "0.00 inside 40" to "On the 40")
No, this information is only available through the Dot Sheet printout.

Now that i've gotten that out of the way I can say that our next major area of improvement is the printing functionality. We have a lot of improvements planned for this segment and these suggestions will definitely be added to our list. In general you can expect to see a lot more customization to Dot Sheets and Printouts.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software