Hold 8, Move 8 process?

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bradporeda

Hold 8, Move 8 process?

Post by bradporeda »

Folks,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to holding back a few players while the rest of the group moves (i.e. group Moves 16, but some players Hold 8, Move 8)

If I put a sub-set on count 8, how do I hold those players to that point without having them move all 16?

What is the step-by-step process?

Thanks,
-Brad
William

Re: Hold 8, Move 8 process?

Post by William »

Hi bradporeda,

There is a very simple process for this and you are already most of the way there.

For the sake of this example I am going to say that we have 16 counts between set 1 and set 2 and you want to have some of the performers halt for the first 8 of that set. And lets assume that you have already moved all your performers from set 1 to set 2 (including the ones you want halted).
  • Add a subset on count 8 of set 1. (Move the current count marker to count 8 and press the add subset button in the timeline button area). At this point, none of the performers are attached to the subset.
  • With the current count marker on the subset, select the performers you want halted.
  • Open the Revert Performer tool and press Perform Revert.
  • Voila, your performers are holding!
Analysis: Performers are not attached to subsets by default when they are created. To attach a performer to a subset you simply to move that performer on that subest. When you reverted the performers from that subset, it automatically attached the performers to that subset. Removing a performer from a subset once it is attached is done by going to the Drill menu and selecting either Remove Selected From Subset or Crop Selected From Subset

Revert Tool: Opening the Revert Performer tool automatically sets the "revert to" marker to the previous set/subset. You can change this by either using the arrow buttons in the tool or dragging the blue multi-tool marker in the timeline. For reverting, the purple multi-tool marker (paired to the blue marker) is always on the current count. Note that as the name suggests, the multi-tool markers are used in various different situations and their functions can vary. Also note that you can revert from later in the production as well as before.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bradporeda

Re: Hold 8, Move 8 process?

Post by bradporeda »

Brilliant and easy.

I had been manually moving the halted performers back to their starting points after inserting a subset, which I thought was rather time-consuming.

The Revert Performer was clearly created just for this.

Thanks again,
-Brad