Lag/Marchers Moving to New Spots

Report bugs or glitches here.
gpit11

Lag/Marchers Moving to New Spots

Post by gpit11 »

So I finally was able to purchase Envision after waiting for what seemed like ever. So far I'm really enjoying it. However, I have recently noticed a few things that seem to keep happening.

The first is I seem to be getting a major lag while playing back my show, mainly when I have the performer detail set to show the 3d marchers. It skips so much that it is hard to watch transitions and it is also difficult to see if the sets line up with the music I have synced. I am using a Sony VAIO with Windows 7. I've tried disconnecting from my wifi, and closing all other open programs that may be running in the background.

The second thing I have noticed is occasionally, when I am trying to move marchers, whether it be as an entire form or individually, I will move the form/marcher, and then they will snap to a new location (seems to be they will snap to the halfway point). This next part is difficult to describe. When this happens, it will also have them move in the wrong direction (typically,they will move from the place they snapped to, back to the previous spot), and on the wrong counts. This is the best I could describe it, and I was going to attach a video of it, however when I went to record it, it stopped doing it. If it does it again, I'll try to capture a video of it. Thanks for all the work!
gpit11

Re: Lag/Marchers Moving to New Spots

Post by gpit11 »

Here is a video of what I mean. It seems to fix itself when I go to the end of the set and hit "revert." Hitting revert, even when I don't need to, seems to stop it from happening everytime, so I'm starting to think it's a user error. Am I doing something wrong?

https://vimeo.com/46258180
William

Post by William »

Hi gpit11,

Without knowing more about your system, my first reaction to the lag issue is that your computer just can't handle that many calculations. Drawing and animating that many 3D models is hard on any system and if you have an older machine it will become more evident. You mention that you are running Windows 7; If you installed it on an older computer it's possible that it is taking up a lot of your resources already. I would suggest playing around with some of the display options (menu View->Display Options) to turn off some of the features, this may help speed it up. Of course, using the low-res 3D model or even the 2D marker will increase speed considerably.

Another option is to make sure your graphics card driver is up to date. In the past we have experienced considerable lag on new systems. Updating the graphics driver resolved this issue in a jiffy.

As for the automatically moving performers that is certainly a bug and not something that you are doing wrong. I don't have an answer for that right now but you can be sure that we will be looking into it immediately. I notice in the video that you were working on a subset, does it only happen on subsets or does it happen on regular sets as well?
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
gpit11

Post by gpit11 »

To be honest I'm not entirely sure. It hasn't done it to me sense, and I didn't pay attention to that part when it was happening. Sorry!
William

Post by William »

No problem gpit11, if you can make note of it next time it could be helpful
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
gpit11

Post by gpit11 »

Yes, it seems to happen during subsets. This is the first time it has happened since I posted this though, but it is happening on the subset.
William

Post by William »

Interesting, thanks for the update.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
spottsspot

Post by spottsspot »

I am having this problem too. It seems to happen not only in subsets but also in sets where subsets occur in between but the marcher does not go to the subset.
William

Post by William »

Hi spottsspot,

What version of EnVision are you running? This issue should have been fixed in a recent update. Also, we just released EnVision v1.5.16 which is available for everyone, even Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6 users so everyone should have the same updates now.

Please update to the latest version and let us know if you are still seeing the issue.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software