Mac lag upon selection

Report bugs or glitches here.
bradporeda

Mac lag upon selection

Post by bradporeda »

I'm ready to jump ship from (insert your competitor's software here), and I like what I see with EnVision.

The videos show a user (on a PC) moving through the program with fluidity, so my expectations are that the Mac version would be the same.

At issue is: after I select a group of players (by drawing a box around them), when I try to simply move them there is a noticeable delay before those players "catch up" to the cursor position.

It seems the more players I select, the longer the delay, and even a single player has enough delay as to quickly get frustrating.
(1 player = .5 second delay, -> 36 players = 4 second delay)

Is this something you're experiencing too?

I'm using a dedicated workstation (MacPro, 3Ghz Quad Core, 10GB Ram, 2TBHD, etc... (i.e. my Final Cut Pro station), so it's not my system.
Thanks,
-Brad
William

Re: Mac lag upon selection

Post by William »

Hi bradporeda,

Yes this is an issue that is occurring on both the Mac and PC version. The cause of this issue is known and we are looking into ways to make this more efficient. You can expect a fix for this in the next released version.

In the mean time, you may have noticed already that after the performers 'catch up' with the mouse, you are able to move them around just fine.

Glad to hear that you are liking what you see so far with EnVision! We want to make sure that your experience continues to be positive. Thanks for the feedback!

William Lee
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
William

Re: Mac lag upon selection

Post by William »

Hi bradporeda,

Today Box5 Software has launched version 1.2.23 of EnVision Visual Performance Design. Among various features and stability enhancements we have addressed the lag issue you mentioned in this thread. Moving performers is now a lot more efficient and basically lag-free.

Thank you for your feedback, it has helped shape EnVision.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com