Set Deletion and Tempo Change

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
ChrisS

Set Deletion and Tempo Change

Post by ChrisS »

Hey I've had a problem that every time I delete a set that the counts will change and the tempo will adjust to how many counts are in that set...I can adjust the amount of counts in the set, but the tempo will not highlight and give me the option to change it back to the original tempo...Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
William

Re: Set Deletion and Tempo Change

Post by William »

Hi Chris,

Is the resulting tempo very different from what the tempo is supposed to be?

When you have music loaded in EnVision and you have your sets synced to it then the tempo is automatically calculated based on the number of counts in the set and the time between the sets. This is done so that the animations will look right when compared to the music, even if the music doesn't have a perfect tempo (as in many live recordings). So your best bet is to make sure that the sets are synced to the right part of the music and that they have the right number of counts then everything should line up properly.

You can sync to the music using the Music Sync tool (As I'm sure you know) but you can also move the sets manually by unlocking the timeline and dragging the sets. Tip: Zooming in on the timeline will give you much more precision.

Note that when you unlock the timeline the sets move to count 1 of the set to line up with musical cues. When it's locked the sets are shown on the last count of the set to line up with direction changes.

Have a great day!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
ChrisS

Re: Set Deletion and Tempo Change

Post by ChrisS »

Thanks I'll give that a shot.