Subset/Halt Set Major Crash

Report bugs or glitches here.
narcofis

Subset/Halt Set Major Crash

Post by narcofis »

I'm always worried when I convert a set to a subset/halt set has every time I do it and continue working on the production I crash the application within a minute of doing it. Last night, it crashed so bad that the application wouldn't even open up anymore, stating a Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime error. It got really screwed up when I hit "send" to send the report to you. Then I opened up the production file because it looks like the auto recovery didn't work so that could be were the bug came from. Then I tried playing the production and I was hearing the music but the timeline and players weren't moving. So I thought let's restart the program. On exit I got the popup showing you the new features which usually happens on upgrades not on exit.

Unfortunately I re-installed the program so I can replicate the error but I know it all started from converting a set into a Halt set.

Narcofis
William

Re: Subset/Halt Set Major Crash

Post by William »

Hi Narcofis,

Thank you for the report. This is a very serious issue but you have provided some very good leads. We are putting this at the top of our priority list so we can hopefully have a solution for the next release.

Extremely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

I hadn't test the re-install yet and it was unsuccessful. I still get the same error. See attach screenshot. I thought it could have been the Visual Studio 2005 redistribution file that was corrupted so I tried the one directly from Microsoft to no avail.

Looking for some insight to get the program to work.

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (109.17 KiB) Viewed 11651 times
William

Post by William »

Hi Narcofis,

This error is sometimes accompanied by a corruption in the EnVision configuration file. To fix this issue you can delete the config file and restart EnVision. The configuration file is called EnVision.cfg and it is located in you Documents/EnVision folder. Simply delete this file and restart EnVision and that should fix the issue.

Obviously the root cause of this is still at large but we are investigating as mentioned in my previous post.

Have a great day!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

William,

I looked and there isn't any configuration (*.cfg and *.bak) file in the root Envision folder. There's a lot of different CFG file types in the data folder but I'm not sure if you mean to delete those also.
I even did a straight copy from the trial I installed on another computer where Envision works on to my laptop effectively "cloning" Envision but the same error showed up. Then I deleted the configuration file to try to reset to no avail.
Before your suggestion, I had completely uninstalled Envision, including deleting the leftover folder so technically there wouldn't be any configuration file. I also tried installing into a completely new folder on the root like c:\envision with no success. Same error message. I looked to see if there was any registry items but it looks like Envision doesn't leave any traces there.

Any other suggestion! Could there be a problem with my DLL on my laptop system in regards to VS 2005 redis.? Re-installing the software re-installs them I believe?

Thanks
Narcofis
William

Post by William »

Hey Narcofis,

Just to confirm, the EnVision.cfg file is located in the Documents/EnVision folder. It is not created on install and not deleted on uninstall. This is the default directory for drill files (Documents/EnVision/Drills). On Windows you can get to this folder from the "My Documents" icon. It's usually on the left side when you open a new windows explorer window. It's also probably in your start menu. Based on your above answer I assume you know you're way around Windows pretty well.

If you're still stuck then maybe we should set up a phone call or skype call.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

William,

Awesome, that did the trick. I didn't expect the .cfg file to be in the document folder.

Thanks for the quick response.
Narcofis
William

Post by William »

Great, glad to have you back up and running!

William
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
willistg

Post by willistg »

I'm still getting a crash when trying to move individuals between multiple subsets. I have deleted the .cfg file, but it keeps regenerating every time the program is opened and it does not seem to keep the program from crashing. How soon before this issue is fixed? Almost all of my drill will need to have subsets/halts. I can't continue until this is solved. Thanks
William

Post by William »

Hi Narcofis,

The fix for this issue will be available in the next release. In the mean time, you can revert back to the previous version. Here is a link:
http://www.box5software.com/downloads/E ... 1.5.03.exe.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software