Block Form Problems

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
danaalston

Block Form Problems

Post by danaalston »

Hello,

My name's Dana, I seem to be having some trouble with the Block Form Tool.

When I try to movie the block that I have created back or forth, or rotate it, the block will delete spots on the grid and create a strange shape. For example, if I created a block with 16 dots, if I move the form using the Form Selection Tool, The entire shape becomes abstract and suddenly only contain 10 dots.

Any help or advice that can be provided would be appreciated, thanks.

-Dana
William

Re: Block Form Problems

Post by William »

Hi Dana,

I have been procrastinating on answering this post because I have been searching for a quick way to help you out. Unfortunately it seems that the block tool needs some tweaking and there is no easy fix. The only thing I can suggest is to create the block and add the performers to it all square to the front. Then when you have the performers in the shape that you want you use the performer selection to move/rotate/resize the performers to the position you want.

This is a very annoying issue and you can bet that we are going to get it fixed.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
William

Re: Block Form Problems

Post by William »

Hi Dana,

I am happy to report that we put a lot of effort into fixing the block form issues in the past month and it has paid off! The new version of EnVision, v1.4.00, that was released on March 5th 2013 has a completely stable block form! Thank you for your feedback on this issue and don't be afraid to post other odd behaviour you are seeing in-program. We are constantly improving EnVision and feedback like this helps point us towards the issues in most need of attention.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com