Getting started help

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
deedo24

Getting started help

Post by deedo24 »

I'm having trouble with going from set 1 to set 2. I have designed set 1, and when I click on set 2, all the performers are back in the left corner instead of moving from set 1. I'm sure this is an easy fix. Can someone help?

Thank you!
William

Re: Getting started help

Post by William »

Hi deedo24,

Presumably in this situation you had already created set 2 on the timeline, and possibly more sets after that. There are a couple ways to copy the positions from the first set to the second:
  1. This is the most common way. Use the "Revert Performer Tool".
    Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 6.18.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 6.18.17 PM.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 7395 times
    Go to set 2, select the performers that you want to "revert" their positions (essentially copying their positions from a different set to the current set), open the Revert Performer Tool and press "Perform Revert". There are some other options in that tool like being able to revert multiple sets at a time. you can see more in the EnVision Help Center on our website.
  2. The second option is simply to copy and paste the positions. On set 1 make sure you are in Performer mode and use the standard copy mechanism (Edit-> Copy, or Ctrl/Cmd C) and that will copy the positions of the performers that you have selected. Move to set 2 and paste the positions in and they will move to those locations.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com