Syncing Music on Work in Progress

Report bugs or glitches here.
narcofis

Syncing Music on Work in Progress

Post by narcofis »

Re-syncing your sets once you already have sets written is not working as expected. There is also no way to undo the change. I would recommend to import the current timeline to the syncing process so you can progress from where you stop writing and move on.

This would allow to sync one part of the segment and then write; at a later date it will give the option to sync the rest of the song without any issues.
William

Re: Syncing Music on Work in Progress

Post by William »

Hi narcofis,

We have been doing some preliminary tests on this and we can't seem to find what you are mentioning here. When you have music synced already and you open the music syncing tool, all the previously synced sets show up there. You can then move the current position marker by dragging along the timeline in the tool and you can start syncing from the new position that you chose.

Can you describe what you are seeing or maybe send a screen shot so we can see what is going on?
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

I found out that it only happens when you haven't previously sync the music and have multiple sets written. The current timeline isn't automatically loaded. It's probably a matter of adding a condition if sets have been written and no syncing has happen to load the current timeline.

I found a quick workaround by syncing only the first set at 0:00 secs then closing and reopening the syncing process then the timeline appears as expected.

Also like you mentioned in another post; unlocking the timeline and moving the sets is easier and more precise than trying to re-sync.

By the way, It's nice to see responsive support. It shows how dedicated your team is to this products success.
William

Post by William »

Thanks narcofis! It's extremely important to us that you have the best experience possible when working with EnVision.

And yes I definitely see what you are saying now. That is a little bug that will easily be fixed for the next release.

Thanks for being involved in this discussion, it has definitely helped make EnVision better.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com