customize issues

Questions, comments, concerns, and issues for the EnGage mobile app and the EnGage Portal
martijn_kng

customize issues

Post by martijn_kng »

Dear William,

I've just downloaded the Engage app and testing with it.
Great fun by the way... :-)

I notice some things:

- there is no click or sound is that correct?
- Engage does not read a custom canvas / adjustment only the standard field settings?
- the point of view is only in 2D

I think a click is very usefull! In my case I've made a smaller field/canvas which results in a better perspective and it results in a more readable dot sheet. Many of our performers like to see the movements seen from a behind view. This would be something for the app.

Have a great day!

Martijn
William

Re: customize issues

Post by William »

Hi Martijn,

Glad you are liking EnGage!

Q. there is no click or sound is that correct?
A. Yes that is correct

Q. Engage does not read a custom canvas / adjustment only the standard field settings?
A. No, EnGage will read stand and custom canvas sizes and grids. However in the first release there were some issues with Custom grids that should now be resolved. You will see the updated version (0.9.3) available on Android in the next day or so, and hopefully on iOS within a week.

Q. the point of view is only in 2D?
A. Correct, there is no 3D view for now. However this is something that we are interested in adding if there is a need from the community for it.

Thank you for the suggestions! We will add these items to our backlog of items to work through.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
martijn_kng

Post by martijn_kng »

Hi William,

The EnGage update of June 2020 is a big improvement.
With one of the performers in the band we tried the app on iOs and android.

There a some issues/lags on both platforms are:

- in both iOs and android the buttons of the app disapear in case of quick usage
- the markers on the front/side are unduly present in a custom canvas, if possible this can be more subtle
- when selecting a performer it automatically puts this performer in the centre and therefore you loose the overall view
- the coördinates at the top/botom of the app don't match up with the coördinates in the dot sheet of the envision software
* example 1 : 2.75 behind front in envision = 2.8 behind front in EnGage (I think this is a quick fix with the number of decimals)
* example 2 : EnGage names everything behind but nothing in front of... 3 steps in front of Hash is 3 steps BH Hash in Engage.
in this case I have to mention that I use a customized canvas with markers 50/45/40 etc in front and 8/16/24 at the sides.
in the envision software the use of front and behind works ok!

Hopefully this information is helping you to improve the app!

Have a nice day.

Greetings Martijn
William

Post by William »

Hi Martijn,

Thank you for the additional feedback, it is very helpful. I have a couple of questions about your points.

In both iOs and android the buttons of the app disapear in case of quick usage
- Can you describe this in more detail? What exactly are you doing quickly to cause the buttons to disappear?

the markers on the front/side are unduly present in a custom canvas, if possible this can be more subtle
- This is something we noticed also; it is on our update list.

when selecting a performer it automatically puts this performer in the centre and therefore you loose the overall view
- This was done intentionally as a way to "focus" on your particular performer. Are you saying this is a feature you don't like? Maybe there can be an option that you can enable that locks you to that performer while selected.

the coördinates at the top/botom of the app don't match up with the coördinates in the dot sheet of the envision software
- This is good feedback, we will look into this try to match them up better.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
martijn_kng

Post by martijn_kng »

Hi William,

Hi Martijn,

Thank you for the additional feedback, it is very helpful. I have a couple of questions about your points.

[Q] In both iOs and android the buttons of the app disapear in case of quick usage
- Can you describe this in more detail? What exactly are you doing quickly to cause the buttons to disappear?

[A] First of all the app is faster on Android than iOs I noticed. But this is just based on 2 users (Iphone X and 2019 model Android).
a combination of using the > or >> / < or << marks short after eachother results in a app which seems to be "confused" and sometimes shuts
down. This more an Android than an iOs problem.

[Q] the markers on the front/side are unduly present in a custom canvas, if possible this can be more subtle
- This is something we noticed also; it is on our update list.

[A] Nice! Not only a comment for EnGage. But in case of a custom canvas I use the side markers 8/16/24/Hash. At this moment I can only choose an interval of 8 which results in 8/16/24/32/40 but the readability of 32 (which = hash) is confusing. Is it possible to have more options? For example to overule a specific interval (lettre or number)?

[Q]when selecting a performer it automatically puts this performer in the centre and therefore you loose the overall view
- This was done intentionally as a way to "focus" on your particular performer. Are you saying this is a feature you don't like? Maybe there can be an option that you can enable that locks you to that performer while selected.

[A] An option put this on/off can be a quick fix. I agree that selecting a performer and zooming in is handy. But you loose the overall view is a comment which came as feedback of some performers...

I hope this extra information is helpful :-)

Have a nice day!

Greetings Martijn
William

Post by William »

Hi Martijn,

Thank you again! This is very useful feedback and we really appreciate you engaging with this process. You are helping to shape the future of EnGage!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software