Performer Label Question

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bjindrich

Performer Label Question

Post by bjindrich »

I used the default labeling, which includes a letter and a number. The director I'm writing for wants letters used for the symbols, to indicate the section, so having the letter in the Label seems redundant. Would I run into any issues if I changed all of my Performer labels to just be numeric?

Any tips/tricks to do that quickly & easily? Do I need to manually edit each performer? And I'll assume that the label changes won't we synced across productions, so I'd have to edit the labels on each production?
medea1993

Re: Performer Label Question

Post by medea1993 »

I think you have to do it manually... I would like to make a request for a new feature. If we had easy access to the database with all of the performer info we could easily use Excel to upload or copy/paste large amounts of data quickly. This may also be a good way to change the print order - f we had a field for that and could change it in a tabular format.

Pyware has something similar to that. Just much easier to do mass changes/edits in one table instead of having to click the Next button after each one.
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

medea1993 wrote:I think you have to do it manually... I would like to make a request for a new feature. If we had easy access to the database with all of the performer info we could easily use Excel to upload or copy/paste large amounts of data quickly. This may also be a good way to change the print order - f we had a field for that and could change it in a tabular format.

Pyware has something similar to that. Just much easier to do mass changes/edits in one table instead of having to click the Next button after each one.
Yeah - the idea of being able to import, export or bulk edit the performer data sounds really appealing.
William

Post by William »

There is no harm in changing the name of the performer. The reference values we use in the background are separate from the label values.

And yes you have to do it manually. I agree that having tools to edit Performer data in bulk would be nice. Adding it to the request list.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com