Deleting a set without deleting a set

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
tlhogard@gmail.com

Deleting a set without deleting a set

Post by tlhogard@gmail.com »

I made a mistake in set 12. I rewrote set 12. I want to RESET the rest of the drill to set 12 without screwing up the music sync.

I want to be able to delete the SET from the DRILL and NOT from the music sync.

When I delete a set from my drill, it screws up my music sync.

And because there is no UNDO feature for the MUSIC SYNC, if I mess up, I have to shut down the program, reopen and start aaaalllll over.

Is there a way to be able to delete my set 13 (and 14 and 15 and 16, etc) without deleting the sets in MUSIC sync?

Is it obvious I am frustrated?
tlh
tlhogard@gmail.com

Re: Deleting a set without deleting a set

Good news! I found out how to do this. After two hours, I figured it out on my own. I know there is an online manual, but if I had a PAPER manual, I could have figured it out in 5 minutes rather than 2 hours.

At any rate, all is well with the world.
William

Post by William »

Hi tlhogard,

I'm sorry that you were frustrated with your experience with EnVision. I'm glad you got it working though. I assume you are using the "Revert Performer Tool" which resets the position of performers back to a previous set.
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 10.35.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 10.35.21 AM.png (9.68 KiB) Viewed 12112 times
And if you haven't already, I recommend looking at the video tutorials on our youtube channel as they cover a lot of the normal usage of EnVision.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
tlhogard@gmail.com

I have watched most of the video tutorials. They are helpful, but when I want an answer to a specific question that i cannot remember the answer to, I want to be able to pick up a manual that is sitting right beside me and skim the pertinent sections until I find what i want. Many of the questions I have, I do not know which video to watch and, evne if I do, I have to watch the entire video to find my answer.

I don't want to compare your product to fieldartist. Your program is much better. However, they do have their online help set up in such a way that I was able to print out a complete "manual".

Thank you for replying.

tlh
William

Post by William »

Hi tlh,

I appreciate that you would find a benefit in flipping through a physical manual as opposed to using the online resources. To be honest this request has never come up before so it's not something we've had to deal with. That being said I have been considering ways that I could reorganize the documentation to allow for easy distribution and printing so hopefully I can come up with something soon and share it with you.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com