Set not transferring over in a New Production

This room is designated for designers of all skills and backgrounds to share information, tips, ideas and concepts with each other.
bhealy

Set not transferring over in a New Production

Post by bhealy »

Having a little issue....
As I am starting/ setting up a new production in my show the Last/ First Set is not transferring over. When I hit up Update First Set in Show Manager the required set flashes in lower left corner but does not populate to new production.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
William

Re: Set not transferring over in a New Production

Post by William »

Hi bhealy,

So to confirm:
  1. You are attempting to update the first set of the second production so that it matches the last set of the first production.
  2. You open the second production and open the Show Manager.
  3. You press the Update First Set button
Result: the first set in the second production is not being updated.

Is this correct?

Those buttons can be confusing so it is important that you have the production open that you wish to update.

If that is all correct and it is not working then here is another theory: The update functionality is based on the internal IDs given to each performer. These IDs only stay the same if the additional productions were created through the Show Manager, and the performers are the same. i.e. if you created a second production, but then deleted all the performers and added new ones, then the next/previous updates won't work.

If you are still having problems then I'd like to take a look at your files. Please use File->Export Show and send me the resulting .EnVision file to contact@box5software.com.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bhealy

Post by bhealy »

Thanks... Sent you the file
William

Post by William »

Thanks bhealy,

For anyone else who stumbles on this post the issue was that there were no Performers in the next production so there was nowhere for the performer positions to copy into. The Update Next/Lest Set buttons don't create performers if they don't exist, they only move the positions of the performers that already exist.

Having an empty production could have happened in a number of ways, but the most likely is this:
  1. Start a new show with no performers in it.
  2. Create a second or third production in the same show (Show Manager) also with no performers in it.
  3. Go back to the First production and add performers.
Now we have a situation where performers exist in one production but not the others.

To get around this, make sure you have all your performers created in one production before creating additional ones. If you already have existing empty productions then you can delete them and recreate them from the Show Manager Tool.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com