Ideas Welcome!

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
box5Nick

Ideas Welcome!

Post by box5Nick »

Have a suggestion? Share it! Big or small, a good idea is a good idea.

What do you like about program? What could you live without? Want to see more of something? Whatever the case may be, if you've got an opinion, we'd like to hear it!

Nick
allenjoanis

Re: Ideas Welcome!

Post by allenjoanis »

Video Export with audio. I would love to be able to simply export a video of whatever I am viewing on the screen complete with audio to send to the client.

'Allen Joanis
box5Nick

Post by box5Nick »

It's certainly on the to do list!

in the mean time I might suggest using either Windows Movie Maker, or iMovie (on windows or Mac respectively) to add you audio track back into the video. Both programs are free and ship with the OS'.
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

Would be nice if you the stadium stands could be present in 3D mode. Also, most Marching Band shows are perform at night; an option to see the show "under the stadium lights" would add a feature not seen in other programs. Could implement shadows when using stadium lights.

When looking at an entire football field the players/characters have a low quality look (See attach file). An option to use an ultra high quality for high performing computers would be a nice addition maybe through anti-aliasing or better quality texture map.

More Actions in the Performance Detail for the colorguard would be great where you could choose the direction the flag is spinning. Also would be cool if different body movements like leans could be implemented.

Shortcut keys to switch between path mode, form selection mode and performer selection mode. I find myself having to go switch it quite often.

Fruit for thoughts.
Attachments
Character Quality
Character Quality
Capture.jpg (204.36 KiB) Viewed 23048 times
William

Post by William »

Hi narcofis,

The stadium is actually already available in 3D and 2D mode, for some reason your settings must have been changed. To enable displaying/hiding of the stadium (and other items) open the display options by going to View(menu)->Display Options. Then scroll down to 3D config and make sure that Stands is enabled (green).

There is also a shortcut to switch between Performer and Form modes (Path mode was left out by design). Pressing Ctrl-tab (PC) or Command-tab (Mac) will switch between the two.

Thank you so much for the rest of your ideas! It's funny that you mentioned the night time mode and stadium lights because that is actually something that we were just discussing the other day.

As always, your feedback is appreciated. We will definitely take these ideas into consideration.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
narcofis

Post by narcofis »

Thanks for the information William.

1. Thank you for the tip. The stadium is now showing in both modes.
2.It makes sense to not have the path mode as I rarely use the option when designing. Is the shortcut anywhere in the help file? A good way would be to show it when you hover over the Performer or Form icon to let user know the the shortcut is Ctrl+Tab to switch between modes. To me it's the natural behavior to hover over an icon to find shortcuts as a PC user. Also in the menu items you usually find the shortcut in this form (Ctrl+Tab) next to the menu item.

Narcofis
box5Nick

Post by box5Nick »

Hey narcofis,

Although you can't currently enable anti aliasing from within EnVision, we have done some research and found that most graphic controllers will allow you to force an application into AA.

I haven't checked out NVidia's options yet, but all of the Radeon cards come with the Catalyst Control Center, which will let you set up your anti alias settings.

To do this I first had to click on the Preferences button and enable the Advanced View.
From there click on Gaming => 3D Application Settings where you should find a number of settings related to Anti Aliasing. The important thing here is to disable or override the application settings (should be either check boxes or drop down items) and from there apply whichever settings you want.

Note that you will need to re launch EnVision each time you change these settings for them to take effect.

Here is a screen cap of the results. This is using an off the shelf, mid level HP tower with an on-board graphics card. I experienced no drop in frame rate when applying these settings.
Attachments
Anti Aliasing EnVision
Anti Aliasing EnVision
GraphicSettings.jpg (491.07 KiB) Viewed 22894 times
Qix

Post by Qix »

You guys should really consider implementing Oculus Rift support. http://www.oculusvr.com/

I'm developing software for it and as a fan of drumcorps this would really enhance the experience. It's a perfect match for your software.

Unity ,Udk , Valve and many others are already on board. The sdk is available for download and from what I've heard is easy to implement.

Cheers
box5Nick

Post by box5Nick »

;)

We are backers, and our Kit should be arriving any day now.
dbk1021

Post by dbk1021 »

I have a few thinks that I would like to see by way of viewing. I like to keep the computer with me while teaching drill, and wondered if in addition to a 2d and 3d mode I could see both at the same time in a split mode. Also I have a director that wants it printed 8 to a page for his quick reference guide. "Pyware does it" he tells me. Also, because the graphics are so cool and helpful in the drill learning process, is there a way you could make a downloadable student version that does nothing but view in full band mode and follow performer mode. It could have simplified controls like play, slow motion, stop. The file could be put on Dropbox or emailed out. Another idea, staying with the viewer would be a paid page the drill could be stored on for students and staff to view with no downloading necessary. The band could pay a yearly subscription and watch it anytime. Thanks for listening.
Brett