Initial use thoughts.

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
bradporeda

Initial use thoughts.

Post by bradporeda »

Here's a few initial use thoughts.

- App crashed after entering license (no problem launching after that though)

New Production:
- please highlight helper text (i.e. "Song1", "Song2") in production title fields (currently user has to delete them before entering actual titles)
- browsing for audio file should open last folder selected (currently opens "Music" folder every time, and user has to navigate. Tedious for any show bigger than 1 production)

- no initial ability to save an Ensemble size or instrumentation (for reusing a particular ensemble; i.e. DCA MiniCorps)

- Wardrobe dialog should give ability to jump to Uniform editor. (currently user has to select a pre-defined uniform, then later go to Uniform editor to make changes)

- Why does lower body start facing end zone? (fix: lower body should default to "front"). Also, when I select and drag around player(s) the feet sometimes change to facing the end zone again. How can I prevent this?

In Uniform Editor
- choosing "select all" doesn't highlight text within a text field. It should. (big picture: "tabbing" should auto-highlight any helper text in a text field so that the user can simply type, instead of deleting the helper text first.
- color pallet selections should update without having to close the color pallet (this happens in other places too: Canvas Editor, Print Editor, etc…)
- Are there instructions/guidelines on how to create uniforms parts? Or gloveless hands?

- Decided to quit Envision and relaunch, just to see if everything saves. Upon opening, the players are all grey (including heads), rather than the uniform I applied (all black, no headpieces). Thoughts? Had to go to Performance Detail and reselect my uniform.

More as I learn, but sometimes the initial user experience is helpful for User Interface smoothing.

Thanks,
-Brad
box5Nick

Re: Initial use thoughts.

Post by box5Nick »

Thanks for the feedback Brad!

We'll look into the grey uniform issue. That usually only happens if the drill file tries to open a uniform that it can't find.

In the uniform editor:
- By "select all" do you mean ctrl-A?
- There currently aren't any tutorials for creating uniforms no. I'll do one up in the near future for everyone.
- Gloveless hands, try color overlay (RBG 179:129:104)