Convert Lines to Different Shapes

Suggest a new features or improvements that you want to see in future versions.
narcofis

Convert Lines to Different Shapes

Post by narcofis »

Is there a way to convert let's say a line to a multi-curve line or different shape. Meaning I first created a line but once I completed the rest of my forms I decide to convert the line to a different shape? Maybe I missed something but I'm sure this is a question that would come up. Also, the opposite converting a multi-curve line to a straight line? This may be implemented but I did not find a way to do so.

One other suggestion, is there a way to reset the path especially after using one of the path tool. Also, I find sometime myself trying to reset the performer to the previous set and didn't find an easy way of doing so other than bringing up the previous path and moving the performer back.

Thanks
box5Nick

Re: Convert Lines to Different Shapes

Post by box5Nick »

Currently, there is no way to convert a straight line into a curve. You can however do the opposite. Once you have set segments (yellow marbles) and created your curve, you can change any of those segments into straight lines under the second tab "Segment Properties" (Using the tool window that pops up on the left when editing the form). The segment you have selected will be thicker than the others to help you navigate.

In regards to the last question I think what you are looking for is the "Revert Performer Tool" (11 from the left). With this you can reset any number of performers to any set you want, forwards or backwards.

I recommend reading this page on how to use the revert tool http://www.box5software.com/help/Revert ... rTool.html

Let us know if that clears the issue up!
narcofis

Re: Convert Lines to Different Shapes

Post by narcofis »

Thank you for the information. This is what I was looking for.