printing dot sheets for entire show

Report bugs or glitches here.
mstevens67

printing dot sheets for entire show

Post by mstevens67 »

I have a client who wants all of the dot sheets (coordinates) for the entire show printed on one page. I used show manager and have all three songs listed. How can I print from set 1 to 73? Thanks for your help!
William

Re: printing dot sheets for entire show

Post by William »

Hi mstevens67,

Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are asking currently. Each dot sheet must be printed on a per-production basis. I will add this to our list of feature enhancements.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
medea1993

Post by medea1993 »

I had the same request, so here's how I handled it... Ideally, you have a pdf editor program (Acrobat or SodaPDF or some other one) that will let you crop the pages. I save the dot sheets as a pdf, then crop them to get rid of the excess white space.

Then I use PDFsam (http://www.pdfsam.org/) to merge those pages together into one pdf file. NOTE: if you have different numbers of performers in each production, it will not work very well since it simply merges them together in order. I merge the first two songs. Then I merge that with the third song, and so on until I get it all in one file. It's a bit of a process, but the best I can find so far.

Once everything is merged, I go into my pdf program and print to multiple sheets to a page. 4 to a page or 3 to a page or whatever number of productions you have in the show.

Hopefully that helps! Again, not the easiest way to do it, but I don't know of anything better yet. And PSFsam is free, so have at it!
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

This is where having the ability to export the coordinates to a CSV format would come in very handy. Then anyone could customize/merge the data in any way they want (with a little macro magic from Excel).