Label font not being used when saving charts to PDF

Report bugs or glitches here.
bjindrich

Label font not being used when saving charts to PDF

Post by bjindrich »

When I change the label font, if I print the charts, the new label font is used, but if I use the Save PDF button, the new label font isn't used in the PDF. It looks like the default label font is used.

UPDATE: Other related (I think) issues with fonts: if I change the font of labels or of a text box, when I save & reload the production, the fonts reverts back to the original font. I wouldn't care as much, but I really don't like serif fonts like the default Time New Roman - serif fonts are hard to read at a small size.

The issue with saving font changes and actually using the font changes when saving to PDF seems like a big issue. I'm surprised others haven't noticed.
William

Re: Label font not being used when saving charts to PDF

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Fonts are a tough issue when dealing with cross-platform software, because different OSs use fonts differently, and PDFs have their own rules for fonts. All that is to say that we know there is an issue there that hasn't been resolved yet. Some of the saving/loading issues shouldn't be happening so I will investigate that and see what all can be done about the rest of it while I'm in there.

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done about this for now except try and set the fonts in the same session that you are printing.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Re: Label font not being used when saving charts to PDF

Post by bjindrich »

Bumping this bug, since I'm running into it again. What I'm seeing: Save to PDF seems be using the Fonts set on Text Boxes and for Labels, but none of the Font information seems to be saved in the drill file (OR maybe it's not loading correctly?).

When loading a drill file, all Label fonts revert to Courier New and and all Text Box fonts revert to Times New Roman. I wouldn't complain as much if I didn't dislike these default fonts so much. I'm on Windows 10.