Copy paste into subset is buggy

Report bugs or glitches here.
abda53

Copy paste into subset is buggy

Post by abda53 »

When copy/pasting performers from a regular set into a subset, it will pull the coordinates from another set.. but if you then change into another set and go back to the subset it looks fine
bjindrich

Re: Copy paste into subset is buggy

Post by bjindrich »

Oh, I just assumed the design was that copy/paste only worked on Sets and you couldn't copy a subset (or paste to a subset?).

But I agree that Copy Paste doesn't seem to work with subsets.
abda53

Post by abda53 »

bjindrich wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:44 pm Oh, I just assumed the design was that copy/paste only worked on Sets and you couldn't copy a subset (or paste to a subset?).

But I agree that Copy Paste doesn't seem to work with subsets.
It shouldn't matter if it's a subset or not. Copy/paste should work the same regardless
William

Post by William »

Hi abda53,

Thank you for the report. Yeah, there's a couple different bugs layered on top of each other here that I've reproduced on my computer.

1. When pasting to a subset, only the performers who are already associated with that subset will have their positions moved. This is a problem if you're not expecting it and should be fixed. The workaround is to simply move all the performers that you are trying to paste first, so that they get attached to the subset then the paste should work as expected.
2. When pasting to a subset the positions don't get updated correctly. I'm not sure exactly what's going on here but it seems to be calculating position data based on some in-between set. Regardless when you navigate to a different set and come back then positions should be set correctly. This means that the positions are being set correctly in the software, they just aren't being displayed correctly (as opposed to the first issue where the positions are not set correctly). This one is not as big of an issue but obviously something to be aware of.

Until these issues get fixed you should be able to use the "Revert Performer Tool"
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.08.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.08.04 PM.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 16732 times
to get the same effect as copy/paste but it should work as expected on subsets.

Thanks again for the report, I will get it fixed.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
abda53

Post by abda53 »

William wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:25 am Thanks again for the report, I will get it fixed.
Thanks! You're doing a fantastic job with updates!