Switch Performers crashes sometimes in v1.8.06

Report bugs or glitches here.
bjindrich

Switch Performers crashes sometimes in v1.8.06

Post by bjindrich »

I've been switching performers a lot over the last few days with v1.8.06 with no issue and all of a sudden I have a group of players on a certain page (that in need to be switched) that causes a crash switching every time. I can switch the players on different pages without issue. Any suggestions to get around this problem? (need to deliver some drill the weekend)
William

Re: Switch Performers crashes sometimes in v1.8.06

Post by William »

Hi bjindrich,

Unfortunately I won't be able to give you a guaranteed workaround without investigating the issue with your file. So to that end you can send your drl file to me at contact@box5software.com and I'll have a look at it.

Beyond that there are a couple generic suggestions that I could give you to try out:
  1. By hand: If you are just switching the performers on a single set then you can simply move the performers by hand.
  2. Delete Set: In situations like this it seems like the paths of the performers get into a weird state. Reverting the affected performers over the affected set and redoing their drill might work. You can also do something like the following: Insert a new set where the issue is happening (e.g. set 5), then delete the old set (e.g. now set 6, because the new set is now at set 5) and reset the number of counts. This should get rid of the old paths and force the new paths to be recalculated with the correct positions.
Make sure you save before trying that stuff (and make a backup) because you could end up making things worse.

Anyway, let me know by email if you want me to look at your drill. I'd like to do that anyway to hopefully determine the root cause and fix that so it doesn't happen in the future.

Have a great day!
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com
bjindrich

Post by bjindrich »

Fortunately I was able to figure out a way to fix my situation - I reverted a page and then switching worked again. William, I have a file I can share with you, but I'll be working on drill this weekend.
William

Post by William »

Okay, I'm glad you're working again. Please do send the file when you get a chance.
William Lee
-----------------
CEO
Box5 Software
https://box5software.com